View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 29, 2010, 09:45 AM

I pretty much fall in line with what Lisa is saying. I was John's caregiver and did all the researching for him. But he pretty much knows about the people here and on other forums, and keeps up with the status of many through me.

I feel John is a success story but is was a long journey. And as a result, feel our experience can help others. Everyone undergoing treatment is going to run into a glitch somewhere along the line. Whether it works or not, doesn't matter. There's a period when everyone is in the watch and wait mode, or crisis, and could use some help to get through it. It may be side effects to a med, problems communicating with their healthcare team, lack of progress in recovery, etc.

So I continue to participate with hope that it helps someone. As I get further away from John's treatments, I realize that I may not have as much to contribute because so much changes and I cannot keep current with latest and greatest breakthroughs.
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.