View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 29, 2010, 12:25 PM

Hi Ryan,

I echo what Neil wrote, and I feel the same way Lisa does. For me, this forum was a life line of sorts, I could come here and share my concerns about Evan, ask questions and seek support and information. My friends here gave me support when Evan showed no response to ATG and had to go on to BMT, and rejoiced with me when Evan made it through and was well again.

I never hesitated to share Evan's ups and downs here. Bone marrow failure diseases are what they are and I think fellow warriors want to know the truth, good or bad.

Hang in there Ryan, the wait and watch can be a rollercoaster but try and focus on the positives. There are successful treatment plans for AA, unlike many other incurable diseases. Be safe, but carry on living life to it's fullest. See beauty in the little things and most of all, remain hopeful. There is every reason for you to be.
Nicole, mom to Evan (20); diagnosed SAA November 2007, hATG mid-November 2007, no response after 6 months, unrelated 9/10 BMT June 2008, no GVH, health completely restored thanks to our beloved donor Bryan from Tennessee.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/evanmacneil