View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 10, 2010, 09:11 AM

Question Bleeding tonight... advice?

Ok it may just be nothing, but it doesnt feel right. I didn't realise that I hurt myself just now, and I saw a heap of blood coming from somewhere. It was my finger, and I know fingers bleed a lot, but not from a small cut like this... and not stopping. Am I getting paranoid?????

My gums have been bleeding a bit during brushing my teeth. But I guess I am used to that and try and be gentle... but my finger has already bled through one bandaid already. Now I am stting here with 2 tight bandaids on to stop it from continuing to bleed.

My Dr said that he was suspicious of my jump in platelet count... why was that? Does anyone know what he might have been thinking?

Are my platelets just not working well... even though there may be some there? Any ideas? I might have to get ANOTHER count done. I'm afraid I am going to bleed out somewhere else that isnt so benign.

Julie (38yrs); dx AA 1996 & treated w/ATG, cyclosporine & G-CSF; 2010 dx int-1 secondary MDS, low platelets, on prevention antibiotics, fevers of unknown origin, MUD found for BMT when the time is right, which is now! MDS transformed to AML after many infections.