View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 15, 2010, 11:49 AM

Debbie

I don't understand what the biopsy would have anything to do with whether or not they gave him the transplant? Doesn't he have to get chemo before anyway to knock out his system?
My husband, Bobby, had a really rough week. His mouth sores became unbearable to the point where they have him on a morphine pump (he just hits the button when he wants it) and he can't even swallow his own saliva. He hasn't been able to swallow anything since last Tues. So now it's been a whole week with no food. Apparently some people get it even worse. I had been cooking him meals at home, freezing them and bringing them down to him as the smell of the hospital food intensified his nausea and he had been eating pretty good before the sores got bad. He actually tried packing on some weight before transplant because he knew he would lose a lot. On a good note, his blood counts are on the rise and he is not nuetrapenic anymore so his body should start fighting off the mouth/throat sores on their own.
Just a little thing that someone else suggested to us and I will pass on to you is to bring pillow cases from home. It's something so minute, but Bobby loves it - it smells like home and they are softer than the hospital bedding.

Enjoy this next week with your husband - unfortunately, the road will get harder.