Thread: Chromosome 1
View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 19, 2010, 03:16 PM

Greg,

My husband also has a rare chromosome defect, only seen in one other documented MDS case, according to the doctor at Emory.
Hope you have good results with whatever treatment is available for you if and when you need it.
My husband had his bone marrow biopsy on the 13th and will get the results on the 27th, the day he is to begin his 5th round of Vidaza. So far his numbers have been down, so we are hoping for better numbers on the 27th, with a lower blast count especially. His blast at diagnosis on May 26, 2010 were less than 3%. I'm just praying that they will still be low.
With no other cases like his - as in your case - it's hard to know which way his disease will progress. Of course from what I understand, every case of MDS is different and responds differently depending on the individual person. My husband has been very depressed here lately, especially with his platelets staying down. I hope you are able to keep a good attitude and if you have any pointers you can send his way, let me know. It's so hard to keep him upbeat but I'm doing my best.
God bless you ...

Linda