View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 5, 2010, 09:07 PM

Chromosomes? Immunosuppression?

It's really great that you are looking out for your Dad.

Like Zoe, I am very curious about the chromosomes, as well as whether he has a PNH clone, hypocellular marrow, and/or is HLA-DR15 positive. Also the blast count. Do you know his IPSS score?

Younger folks with MDS sometimes respond well to immunosuppressive therapy [IST] using ATG and Cyclosporine, and all of the things I mentioned have shown up in one study or another as possible markers that indicate a good probability of response to IST.

Birgitta is more up to date on the Vidaza studies than I am, but the initial work that got it approved for use in the US was on higher-risk patients (i.e., lots of blasts, bad or multiple chromosomal abnormalities, multiple cytopenias). Despite his frequent need for transfusions, I'm wondering if he's high risk or not?

Can you give us a little more info from his BMB reports?

Take Care!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com