View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 19, 2010, 06:55 PM

Talking Day -5 of my transplant!!

Hi all, just wanted to share what's going on so far. I checked in on the 16th, got my port put in my chest (have had two previous picc lines in my arms). Then went up to the Oncology unit until a room on the BMT unit was open. Started chemo on the 17th, Busulfan for the first 4 days and then it gets moved to Cytoxan for the last two days. After that I get a day of rest and then I get my transplant!! So far I haven't had any bad side effects. I do get a rash right after chemo and it gets pretty itchy but a bit of Benedryl takes care of it. My nurses are all awesome and have been very helpful. It is only my third night in the hospital and it is a bit overwhelming at times. But my girls made we some neat pictures so they are all over my room. They have been up a couple of times but they are both in school and and we live about 75 miles away. So thats not fun. But I talk and text them all the time. Not really much to report. Wasn't too sure how the first few days were going to go but I am glad that I am bored! We'll see how the next few days go. I'll keep you posted!!
Lee-39 years old-AA,PNH and chromosome 12 disorder-1 rabbit ATG treatment and 1 horse ATG treatment. Getting my bone marrow transplant on November 23, 2010!!!! Counts as of 12-27-10 HGB 12.0, WBC 7.8, platelets 80, Neut# 3.9(12-24-10)!!! Just a touch of GVHD but back home!