View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 20, 2010, 08:02 PM

Smile Greg

I felt comfortable in my room I must say. But, I did take walks around the NIH center and outside as well. But, not for one minute did I plan on staying somewhere locally the 2nd week of the trial. I was staying right on the premises....... just in case. And, I will tell you, when we left for home on that final Friday, we didn't get out of there till 3 or 4 pm. We hit all kinds of nasty traffic going North on 95 on a Friday at that time. We finally stopped to eat and I told my husband, "we are either getting a hotel, or finding a different way home". But, when we stopped to eat, we were seated at a table in a very crowded restaurant; he went to the bathroom, and when he returned I was on my way to tears; I freaked out by being in such a busy restaurant, full of families with kids, sitting real close to us. We left immediately. You get so comfortable in your protected environment at the NIH, (and I had my own room), that being around crowds was scary for me. That being said, the next Monday, I did go back to work at my fairly large high school and became a germafobe. I still am and I don't care. I simply take care of myself and I don't care if others think I'm weird!

But,............. I think you are bored if you are really trying to figure out the logistics of the NIH building. Kind of funny actually. I spent some time down there and in the library area. I was quite comfortable with that. Yes, they do have comfy furniture down there. Also, upstairs, if you sit by the windows with the sun shinning in, also nice.

Anyway, I'm sure the rest of your time there will be boring from this point on. Boring is GOOD. So, have a good week #2. Happy Thanksgiving, and keep sharing with the rest of us!!