View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 28, 2010, 01:38 PM

Tytd,

I am currently at 43k platelets, HGB 14.2, HCT 43, RBC 4.8, WBC 7900 (70% neutrophils, 20% lymphocytes - don't remember the others, but in the normal range). I have not had any transfusions. When I am At 40k platelets, I don't have any abnormal bruising. I don't have prolonged bleeding time - I am on the low end of normal, meaning that I clot pretty quickly. When I am in the 20s, the bruising gets pretty colorful.

The Imuran caused T-MDS is a curiosity - most of the cases I have seen involved long term use at an average of 5+ years - I ony took it for about 3 months. Possible, but probably unlikely? not sure. The articles I have read seem to focus on Monosomy 7, deletion 5q and 11q23 changes as therapy related MDS with Imuran, although I am sure there are exceptions.

How would we determine if risk of progression is relatively low? I just had my second BMB on 12/18 (first one was 7/15). No increase in blasts or dysplasia seen, but we are waiting on the genetics. First test had trisomy 8 in 20/20 metaphases reviewed.

Thanks again.
MDS RCMD w/grade 2-3 fibrosis. Allo-MUD Feb 26, 2014. Relapsed August 2014. Free and clear of MDS since November 2014 after treatment with Vidaza and Rituxan. Experiencing autoimmune attack on CNS thought to be GVHD, some gut, skin and ocular cGVHD. Neuropathy over 80% of body.