View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 3, 2011, 06:50 AM

Hi edithr,

The haemoglobin count was good before ATG. The red cell count was holding for a while after the ATG and then dropped below the threshold level where a transfusion was required. I understand that the ATG will wipe off some red cells as well, so it is not uncommon to see the three blood lines to drop ...so I'll won't be surprised the red cell count will drop in your son as well after the ATG.

For the platelets, my son used shark liver oil as a supplement to boost the platelets count. For the aplastic anemia itself, a herbal supplement called Blood Well and Blood Tonic was used. During the period when my son continued to attend class, he did got infected with a cold and cough or a flu through the classroom. The herbalist recommended him to go on Black Cumin seed oil and cordyceps, which helped him recover fast without the antibiotics. Hope the experience you read of here in this forum will be very beneficial to you as it has been to me.

Best wishes,
Peter Lim, Dad to Stan, age 17 at time of dx Feb 2002VSAA; tx. ATG, cyclosporine, predisone; alternative herbal supplm & shark liver oil, off all meds 5/2002 normal blood counts. Only on shark liver oil.