View Single Post
Old Sun May 22, 2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cme01 View Post
I told my doctor I wanted to start drinking wheatgrass smoothies. He told me I could if I wanted but that it tasted like #*$#. He thought chelation or venesection would be faster and less distasteful. Bear in mind, my doctor is a very health conscious vegan so I was surprised at his response.
Chirley,

On the taste of wheatgrass, I find it tastes like grass. I've heard the fresh juice is much stronger-tasting than the powder or pills. I've been taking the pills, chewing them up a little bit, and washing them down with water or tea.

The taste isn't exactly pleasant, but it's definitely tolerable. The first couple of doses have a significant purgative effect, in my experience, so I recommend starting out slowly and working up to the full dose.

I've just ordered some powder from a different company, with the idea I'll use it in a smoothie.

Take care!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com