View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 19, 2011, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evansmom View Post
Thanks for the update Laura.

Sounds like you're in very good hands there. I like the sounds of their plans, it seems well thought out.

About your crazy rashes...it could be Parvo, which could temporarily cause marrow suppression (and can cause AA but we won't go there), but Lupus can cause similar rashes, especially butterfly-like on the face, and there is an association with that elevated ssa/ro antibody you were speaking of earlier. I don't wish any others issues on you, obviously, but I know you like any and all ideas and I would to, that's how we nurses role

Hoping those platelets keep on rising, could be the prednisone doing that.

Have a good sleep tonight, answers are on the way!
Hi Nicole,

I agree, I like their plan a lot The funny thing is...the majority of it seems so simple...what the heck Mayo?...I try so hard to not say bad things...I am sorry if I am always so negative against them...

Yes, lets not go there with parvo/AA but I have to admitt, I am nervous about this...I did think the whole thing with the lupus too...but didn't want my mind to go there quite yet too! However, I always, always appreciate any and all of your ideas...you are right that is how we role

Thankfully my plts seem to be rising....95 at last count...no new signs of bleeding. But it's like what is the next step? Wean off and see what happens? I was told by Mayo on Monday that after I started the Prednisone, if my plts rose, they would quickly wean me off the the prednisone and "see what happens". But if we did that couldn't we ruin saving the graft if that really what it is? I think your theory about being on steroids so long and it was enough to keep things stable and now that I am off it...drop...I am going to ask about that and see what is said...will let you know!

Thank you as always...
Laura