Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 22, 2011, 02:29 PM

Today

Hi Fellas! Thanks for your responses! If I hadn't heard from Neil and Greg H, I would assume I was a goner!
Since I live alone, it is comforting to have input from other people, even if it is conversational. Although I have had a fighting mentality, I can get in a funk now and then because this disease is SO random and ridiculous! And is totally interfering with my social life/camping adventures!

Well, my CBC today, priorto bone marrow biopsy was :
WBC 1.3 (post bmb neupogen for 3 days)
Hg 7.2--HUGE DROP since 9.0 Monday
Platelets 28 (true to my 10k/day usual.........)
So it's off for 2 units of blood, 1 platelets tomorrow.....Bring the laptop, stack of bills, and camp out for the day!

Dr is putting a STAT order (rare) for BMB results and running the full gamut of testing......we'll just have to wait and see what transpires....I have an appointment Tuesday....
He does a great BMB though--very gentle and virtually painless......
He's a good guy/Dr and really cares for his patients. He promises to call in the experts once we get a read on the results.......TJUH didn't want to have anything to do with me after I checked out..UPenn just said "What TJUH said" Really? Thanks!
All along, I have been getting conversational second opinions from Hemo Dr's I have met along the way at conferences and such, but that is when I was still on the Vidaza....it may be time to venture out but Philly is not the answer for me.....anyone who says BMT is the only way is not for me...
So, having an old friend visit from Calif for a few days which will help me keep my mind off things....
Thanks, as always!
Cheri Age 54; dx Oct 2009 AML, induction chemo only;dx MDS July 2010,- PRBC transfusion dependent; Results BMB 8/4/11--- 6-8% blasts; Danazol 100 mg 3xday; quit Exjade/ GI distress; platelets holding 40's; Fluctuation in blasts in blood--Neupogen 3-4xweek; off Revlimid again! Procrit weekly