Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 22, 2011, 02:49 PM

Ahhhh Birgitta!
My day is complete--you are the 3rd side of my triangle of hopeful information and inspiration! (figuring out this mess I'm in)
(I was hoping you'd reply, and we must have been typing at the same time....) I do appreciate EVERYONE's responses though! And it is crazy how many of us are on the same train but in different cars!

Yes, today's BMB was quick and easy, thanks for asking...the Xanax didn't hurt, either!

What actually, is the difference between Thalidomide and Revlimid? And what about side effects? (clearly, I'm post menopausal)
I am going to take all the information I can glean about alternative tx's like yours with me for the next appointment. ..your #'s seem very similar to mine, and you are doing great! And I'll refresh myself with Kirby's story..

Of course, my biggest fear is that the AML has returned, but either way, I'm still here and ready to continue the fight! See, I'm feeling better already--thanks to you all!
Cheri Age 54; dx Oct 2009 AML, induction chemo only;dx MDS July 2010,- PRBC transfusion dependent; Results BMB 8/4/11--- 6-8% blasts; Danazol 100 mg 3xday; quit Exjade/ GI distress; platelets holding 40's; Fluctuation in blasts in blood--Neupogen 3-4xweek; off Revlimid again! Procrit weekly