Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 29, 2011, 01:20 PM

clinical trials

Thanks DanL and Greg
Well, I don't see anything on clinical trials.gov relating to AML without the prior transplant.

I have taken transplant off the table for a variety of reasons....after much thought and research. (no sib donors) And I am not up to being poisoned to near death again with a strong induction regimen......for 2 months more at most....

Vidaza didn't work, and now my WBC, Pla and Hgb isn't drug friendly....
My Doc said being a little guy he can't access some drugs (Thalidomide), so I'm not opposed to going to a bigger institution in PA or NJ if I have help getting there....insurance limits my choices....Doc said NO! to Promatca....Revlimid not indicated for AML....

Not sure what the acronym to qualify for Gleevac is, DanL...can you clarify please? And what are those other 2--I had high dose Ara C and Danorubicin, (I think ) "3/7" at TJUH in Philly.....

Tomorrows CBC will tell alot as to how fast things are progressing.....
Cheri Age 54; dx Oct 2009 AML, induction chemo only;dx MDS July 2010,- PRBC transfusion dependent; Results BMB 8/4/11--- 6-8% blasts; Danazol 100 mg 3xday; quit Exjade/ GI distress; platelets holding 40's; Fluctuation in blasts in blood--Neupogen 3-4xweek; off Revlimid again! Procrit weekly