View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 4, 2011, 06:06 PM

Sad times...

I'm saddened to share what all has happened since last post. If you remember, Ron had MD Anderson appt the first week in May, then, follow-up there the first week in June. Ron continued to grow weaker, though, he honestly felt as though he had grown stronger. It broke my heart to take him back to Houston, as I knew the doctors would send him home, but, I had to keep fighting with Ron ... because he was still fighting. I fought with the medical staff at Emory here in Atlanta, as all of them wanted me to cancel his appts in Houston, they did not think Ron would make it there alive.

We arrived Houston, and the first day, they admitted Ron inpatient due to massive infection, that had started from a canker sore in his inner check on the right side of his mouth. (He had complained of it for 2 months!!!). And, his ear was infected severely... he had complained of loss of hearing for over a month!!!!! And, he had double lunch pneumonia when we arrived at MD Anderson... all of which, was not treated or identified at previous treatment facility... (They had literally given up on Ron)...

So, we were inpatient in MD Anderson fro 3 wks, then, they also gave up on Ron, as he grew weaker and weaker. Finally, Ron told me he didn't want me to be mad... but, he was tired... and just wanted to go home.... and wanted to go inpatient Hospice. I fought with Ron the entire time.. I was his "Wingman".... but, when he gave up, I had to give up too... we had fought a long and hard battle... but, it was now over... and I had to release him...

We traveled by ground ambulance, from TX to GA. It was a long ride, approx 13hrs straight through. We arrived Sunday evening, and Ron was with us until Wed at 11:01am.

Please visit caringbridge.org/visit/rallison

for the details... Ron passed on June 22, 2011 at 11:01am. Ron waited for me..... he had stopped breathing 3 min before I walked into the room... but, his heart continued to beat... he waited on me... I Love him so much and I truly miss him... he was and continues to be my soulmate.... He is my world.

This disease is devastating... as it steals the "Life" out of the family.... but, I am so thankful that I had God this entire time.... God never let us down... he carried us when we didn't think we could go on ..... God is Good!

Love you All!
Cindy Allison

PS. My home email: crallison@charter.net
If anyone wants to contact me....
Cindy, wife of Ron 66 dx w/MDS(RARS)Feb'09,Vidaza 13mons. BMB 2/10 -5q/increased blasts. Watch/wait May-Jul10. Revlimid Jul-Aug10:A-Fib. BMB Aug18, 12%blasts. MDS to AML. Induction completed 9/21/10. BMB Oct10:CR. Consolidaton:10/25/10. Dacogen Dec27-29. SCT on Hold. Fevers/Nt sweats Jan11.