Thread: LOW White Count
View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 25, 2011, 05:22 PM

Hello everyone
Your support is wonderful and helps me tremendously! At the end of the day, I always feel I have someone to turn to.......who "gets" it!
Birgitta--Thanks for checking in....glad you are enjoying your summer...
What do you know about CMV? All I know is that I need CMV neg blood and platelets...it's related to herpes type stuff.........

Here is the latest:
Today's CBC was WBC .6; Hg 8.3; P 29---My platelets have hung around 30 for the past few weeks...the longest stretch since last August! My Hgb continues to take big dips--Thursday was 9.3, Monday, 8.4; last Transfuion 2 weeks ago....
Fever has continued to run from 99+ to 101.9, up and down all day but worse at night; night sweats to beat the band....no chills, rigors...

I have had these blister like bumps that started on my chest, then travelled down my stomach, and today I found a few on my thighs...they look like a little cigarette burn with a blister top...they travelled top to bottom of my body, slowly, over the past two weeks...weird......and also during that time, I have had an array of odd symptoms--awful hip muscle pain; nerve pain in my hand, major fatique; heavy, dry eyes; decreased appetite--I feel almost flu like....

Side effects from antibiotics? Virus? Believe me, I hope this mystery gets solved...and soon!
Cheri Age 54; dx Oct 2009 AML, induction chemo only;dx MDS July 2010,- PRBC transfusion dependent; Results BMB 8/4/11--- 6-8% blasts; Danazol 100 mg 3xday; quit Exjade/ GI distress; platelets holding 40's; Fluctuation in blasts in blood--Neupogen 3-4xweek; off Revlimid again! Procrit weekly