View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 28, 2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
Hi Greg,
I don't think you should take cyclosporine off the table. I've read many studies that associate the trisomy 8 mutation with a cyclosporine dependent response (and a good long term prognosis). If you still have the trisomy 8 mutation after Campath, perhaps cyclosporine is a legitimate strategy for you to try.
Hi Hopeful!

Thanks for that. If you've got any references to those studies you can share, I'd love to read them. Meanwhile, I'll be looking around for them myself. And I'll chat with Dr. Olnes about it.

I'm glad that we're going to be doing FISH on Chromosome 8, because it's been kind of variable in my cytogenetics over the course of the disease. It cropped up after the Chromosome 1 abnormality, then seemed to be equal in size, and then much smaller again. The FISH should give us a line on how much Trisomy 8 I actually have.

Thanks!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com