Thread: LOW White Count
View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 4, 2011, 08:45 PM

Hello friends.....
Thanks for your care and concern!
Here is the latest....
After getting a call from the health dept, that my blood test came back for positive antibodies for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever , it was determined that is was an old infection, not an active one. Surprise! When did I have that?
My fever has subsided--crept down each week to where I am finally fever free for the past 2 days.

Today's CBC WBC 1.2, Hg 9.1, Platelets 32k--they have held for almost a month in the high 20's/low 30's!!!!!!! Whee....and my rising white count makes me a lot less nervous.....seems to me I had some crazy virus, or latent reaction to blood or platelets or something....

Just finished 2 grueling days in New Brunswick, testing for the clinical trial--MUGA scan (heart pump) Lung Function; EKG, Bone Marrow Biopsy, numerous blood tests and various nonsense. I passed all of the tests so it's a go!

The trial starts next week, but I am going camping this weekend! What the heck! This is what I am fighting for so I may as well have a dose before this next cycle of treatment. A big dose of nature is in order....Out to our family retreat-- remote 12 acres with cabin, grown son and ex husband in tow (my ex came out to help me from Arkansas to get through the latest and last of it--or maybe escape the heat --....Fatal diseases sure do put some weird spins on interpersonal relationships--but Charlie is a huge help and comfort at this point) But we are EXHAUSTED!
BTW, this trial medication is supposed to take the AML cells and turn them into productive blood cells! Wouldn't that be wonderful? If there were something positive, other than chemo just killing the cells......If it works for me, we all win! It would be a GODSEND to have an option for AML! And let other folks know about this trial, available through Cancer Institute of NJ...
Contact me for more info or check out the CINJ website...

So next Wednesday the 10th, is THE day! Please send good vibes that I tolerate this TPA in the hopes that we can find a miracle solution! I will keep you all posted, and hope your fights with your disease and loved ones are going well.......
Cheri Age 54; dx Oct 2009 AML, induction chemo only;dx MDS July 2010,- PRBC transfusion dependent; Results BMB 8/4/11--- 6-8% blasts; Danazol 100 mg 3xday; quit Exjade/ GI distress; platelets holding 40's; Fluctuation in blasts in blood--Neupogen 3-4xweek; off Revlimid again! Procrit weekly