View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 12, 2011, 02:10 PM

Thanks!

Thanks so much Greg. You are a wealth of good knowledge. Reading your posts and the others definitely has me reconsidering the transfusion idea, as well as growth factors. It is great to have such a reservoir of patient-based experience and knowledge, which is a good complement to information from the medical field. I know that it must get tedious at times for you to constantly be posting, but I, for one, am very grateful for your input, as well as the others who have been kind enough to post here. I will keep a watch on my counts, obviously (we're checking weekly), and in the meantime look into my insurance benefits more specifically. I live in Massachusetts and subscribe to one of the plans backed by the state (as you probably know, we have mandated coverage in Massachusetts). There are some huge gaps in the system, but I must say that so far, for my family, the coverage has been quite comprehensive and good -- many choices of providers, low premiums and deductibles, modest co-pays, exclusions, etc.. For instance, I was alarmed by the cost of Epogen as mentioned by several posters here - hundreds of dollars/dose. My insurance would cover all but $25.00 for the dose/week that I would presumably start on, if needed. Anyway, enough insurance talk...I do feel lucky to have it! I know it's a HUGE burden for many.

Thanks again for your insights. You are terrific! And I'm obviously rooting for you in your ongoing relationship with this disease.

marmab