Thread: New to site
View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 19, 2011, 09:42 AM

New to site

Great to find some information on AA,i was beginning to think 1 was on my own as have not met anyone else with same diagnosis.Here is my short story so far.
Diagnosed with AA in June with BMB,AGT rabbit treatment in July,had line infection and serum sickness in Freemans Hospital Newcastle 2 weeks.Was on cyclosporin for 2 weeks but got body tremors for 5 days in Whitehaven Hospital,have now stopped cyclosporin all together.Tapering off Prenisolone. Consultant says i should wait a couple of months to see if AGT works.My CBC for this week was PLT 13 HB 9.2 WHITE 3.5 NEUT 1.2.Have had about 13 transfusions so far,mostly platelets every week, back to hospital Monday and will probably get more.

BMT is an option for me and my brother has sent off his bloods for a match also the BMT team are looking for unrelated match.I guess this is in case the AGT hasn't worked.

My consultant stated i may have Hypoplastic Myelodisplasia.My bonemarrow is 10% cellurality and without blasts.
Any feedback would be great,Are no blasts normal?

Cheers Paul
paul 46 yrs old, diagnosed hypolastic/aplastic anaemia with possible hypoplastic mds june 2011: pnh 2%, clonal 13q adnormality without blasts. ATG treatment july 2011. stopped ciclosporin aug 2011 after 2wks.

Last edited by white.karen5 : Fri Aug 19, 2011 at 04:06 PM.