View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 28, 2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birgitta-A View Post

If you choose Revlimid remember that they now give lower doses for less toxicity - they can get positive result with 5mg every other day and the drug should be combined with Prednisone or a similar drug.

You have perhaps already seen the presentation of Dr Alan List from Edinburgh 2011. He is reporting about the new drugs for MDS. Perhaps you will find one of them interesting?
http://www.multiwebcast.com/mds/2011...and.q%26a.html
Hi Birgitta!

Thanks for the tip on the List presentation. I haven't yet viewed any of the Edinburgh presentations but have them bookmarked for viewing. I'll try to watch List first.

I'm not sure I know the answer to the question that Tytd raises, which is why thalidomide is less used that Revlimid in the US. My local doctor felt that thalidomide has more significant side effects, but I seem to recall reading the reverse opinion elsewhere. And I'm sure at least some of the adverse reactions are likely dose-related.

Thanks much!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com