View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 31, 2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytd View Post
I wondered if you might have had an activation of CMV in April when you had the pleurisy/pneumonitis. Could a low grade activation of CMV be depressing your RBCs and might that get better with time? You probably had your CMV status checked before Campath?? Tytd
Hi Tytd!

Excellent question! Campath is evidently noted for CMV reactivation (my transplant doc called it "a horrible drug" for that reason), and can evidently reactivate Epstein Barr Virus as well. The NIH trial's follow-ups include regular screenings for both, and mine have been negative.

Dr. Olnes told me that they have seen CMV counts rise a bit in some Campath patients, but never to the point that they were clinically expressed.

That short-lived pleurisy or pneumonia I had was an odd case. It lasted about two days (only a half-day of pain) and then just disappeared. Very strange.

Take Care!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com