View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 31, 2011, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanL View Post
I am pretty sure the answers are yes, but have you already been tested for the Jak2 V617f mutation and for PDGFRB? For the latter, Gleevec has been used successfully - for the former, I haven't seen a whole lot of research, but a Jak inhibitor might be interesting.
Hey Dan!

Four cents, ten cents, a dollar -- I'll take all the feedback I can get. I have not been tested for any of that alphabet soup, unless someone did it while I wasn't looking (You can never tell, there's a section of that NIH building that has a 13th floor. Who knows what goes on up there!).

But I will definitely look into it. Have you been tested for those?

Do you ever wonder why they make up these odd names for genes? Seems like they could have just given them all numbers, like the Dewey Decimal System, and made things a lot less complicated. It's like the typing system for blood antibodies: Big-C, little-e, Jfk, Jfg, it's like bad coffee and good presidents all rolled into one.

Time to go look up some alphabet soup and nag my doc to have me tested!

Thanks much!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com