View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 9, 2011, 01:52 PM

Re:Husband's first day ATG

Hi Lisa and Ron...I thought I had set my post to email me when there was a reply..so I'm pleasantly surprized to read your responses. Today they have had to discontinue the treatment...will wait 24 hours to re-evaluate before resuming due to elevated liver enzymes. Hadn't read about this possibility before. Last time it was cardiac enzymes.

Ron..yikes! 12 days for 4 infusions. Even one extra day is causing big problems for us... He did spike a 103 temp last night but it broke later on. And Lisa....they did give him antibiotics just in case plus they loaded him up with all the premeds, benedryl etc. before they decided to postpone the treatment so he sounded very strange this AM. His brother tells me he's just sleepy...didn't sleep well last night.

I guess they gave him ambien...wouldn't all these other meds drive up liver enzymes as well?? or would that take longer continued use? My brother in law says they are checking vitals frequently, gave him a chest xray for some reason, and he's getting top notch treatment. They did the infusion yesterday at 50% flow so it was from 11:00 till 11:00 at night. Hopefully he'll get rested today and be able to continue tomorrow.

You guys are such a lifeline!!
Sherry