View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 27, 2011, 04:10 PM

Jens tried the Vidaza in June, but only had the first three shots . . . completely wiped him out and he was in the hospital then skilled nursing/rehab for just over a month. His is secondary or treatment-related MDS, and I know that can be more aggressive and harder to treat. Sounds like your father tolerated the Vidaza better . . . and it may yet kick in and give him some improvement in the counts. Right now, my hubby is doing OK with only a Neulasta injection every two weeks . . . the doctor doesn't know why that is working so well for him, but we sure aren't going to rock the boat. The counts are slowly drifting back down, but he's holding his own. He probably spends about two thirds of his time in bed . . . some days more . . . and much of the "up" time is in front of the TV because he doesn't have much energy. We've learned to take advantage of the good days, and thank goodness Thanksgiving was one of those. And he went right to bed as soon as we got home from that. So glad your father was up to church and lunch today. How far are you from your home? I know it's tough to be away so long.
hubby 73, dx NHL 2001, CNS involvement. SCT (auto) 5/08 [dx UTUC renal pelvis, 2010/surgeries/MMC], MANY recurrences, chemos, surgeries, rad. dx t-MDS 3/11: IPSS 1.5 (Int-2); MDA 11, RCMD trilineage, inc. Fe, ring sideroblasts, 7q del/mono 7 (51.5%), 46,XY,t(6,17)(p22;q25)[4]/45,XY,-7[4]/46,XY[12].