View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 7, 2012, 06:55 PM

Smile Leo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziad adore my father View Post
Finaly we started vidaza treatment at hospital, our hematologist took that decision after his the last BMB which showed 13% blast and he seems to be confused to declare if it was an mds transforming very fast or an already acute leukimia. The problem is that now we are at the 3rd day injection vidaza under skin with 140mg divided into 2 needles 70mg each, honestly dad is getin worse day by day and so fast, last cbc test showed hmg: 8.0 wbc: 1700 plateletes: 13k, and there is blasts in peripheral blood about 12%, and ferritine is 1200.
So sad to see him so so weak, not eating well, cant walk alone at all, and today some nose bleeding who did not stop till now. I feel realy guilty to start vidaza, he was better when he was home now he is worsen day by day,dono what to do, afraid from infection, afraid from night bleeding from nose and what shoul i do??? Who can i stop nose bleeding its weekend and no doctors only nurses they know nothing regarding.

Is it possible to bleed from nose before any sign like leg petechia???
Ziad, I wish I could offer you something other than my prayers for your father. MDS is a very unusual condition, I have been getting blood infusions since 2004, I have met many others with MDS during this time. It affects every one differently I have been having nose bleeds for several years, always at night. I can tell that you love your Father very much, do not feel guilty, there is nothing you can do, except to love your Father, he is a lucky man to have you for a daughter. May God give some doctor the way to stop the progression of MDS. God bless you, and do not blame your self for any thing. Stay strong