View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 11, 2012, 07:22 PM

Lots of questions.....

Met with the GI Dr and he said try Benefiber. Any testing will wait until things calm down. Not a good candidate for a colonoscopy, with a WBC of 1!The pains have greatly subsided, although the issues aren't completely resolved...

My Ferratin level was 6447 as of yesterday. That means it only dropped only 400-500 points after being on the Exjade, which I obviously can't tolerate for long stretches. Now what? Wheatgrass--can it give me a realistic reduction? How much to take...I still have some in the freezer--any negatives or contraindications with other meds?

Hopefully, Revlimid works and I don't need more transfusions....how long does it take for excess iron to clear on its own?

How soon before this high ferratin # creates problems?
I'm not sure I even want to know...but any warning signs would be good to know I guess....
Feel free to comment and thanks as always!
Cheri Age 54; dx Oct 2009 AML, induction chemo only;dx MDS July 2010,- PRBC transfusion dependent; Results BMB 8/4/11--- 6-8% blasts; Danazol 100 mg 3xday; quit Exjade/ GI distress; platelets holding 40's; Fluctuation in blasts in blood--Neupogen 3-4xweek; off Revlimid again! Procrit weekly