View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 21, 2012, 10:54 PM

I've had five. The first was in the hospital under sedation. The next was in the doctor's office and I was given a shot to relax me. I was not allowed to drive after it. The third was done by a different doctor from that same office but was done at the office of the urology group that they shared a CT scan machine with. I was given a Rx for a pill to relax me. Again I wasn't allowed to drive. The fourth was done at UCLA. Their practice was to give all adults locals and only sedate children. The last was at The Cleveland Clinic. They would have given me the shot to relax me, but I needed to take a bus to the on campus Guest House. They would not allow me to do that, so it was done with a local.

The bottom line - each location has its own rules. If you must have a local, try using a noise blocking headset (Bose type) if you can get one. Play music you like to distract you. I don't have one, but I have identified the exact song I want to use if I ever need to do it again.
Dallas, Texas - Age 81 - Pure Red Cell Aplasia began March 2005 - Tried IVIG - Then cyclosporine and prednisone. Then Danazol, was added. Then only Danazol . HG reached 16.3 March 2015. Taken off all meds. Facebook PRCA group https://www.facebook.com/groups/PureRedCellAplasia/