View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 28, 2012, 04:25 PM

am i on the right way ??

We are assigned to admit the hospital for dad on the 31/01/2012 to begin the second cycle of the vidaza treatment, Dad's first cycle was on the 4th of january 2012
But:

in 25/1/2012 i did for my father the usual CBC test and unfortunately the results showed (after 9 days from the last transfusion which took place on the 16th) :

WBC: 1.9
RBC: 2.56
Hmg: 8.1
Platelets: 13k
Neutrophils# : 0.5 ; absolute neutrophils: 361/cu.mm
Blast : 7
Ferritin:1523ng/ml

our Hematologist ask me to admit hospital and to get transfused 1 unit Platelets and 1 unit Blood since will will re-enter hospital in few days for "vidaza" so no need for 2 unit Blood in the moment.

so we entered hospital for transfusion on the 25th jan, and here is today the CBC's result (3 days later)

WBC: 2.3 nb: im giving dad 3 time a week neupogen
RBC:3.07
hmg:9.5
Platelets:72k
Neutrophils# :0.80
Blast : 6
Ferritin: 1651

1- am i on the right way? im always asking myself is there any missing action should i take to help dad to live longer and best quality of life, and im not doing it?

2- Any good results will appear after the second cycle of vidaza; for examplelatelets and hmg will last longer or more delay for transfusion, increase in any counts?

3- If dad didn't showed any side effects unless ( minor nausea ) due to Vidaza in the first cycle, may he show any bad reaction in the second cycle?

4-how can we avoid CONSTIPATION Due to Vidaza and Kytril ? before we start?

5- Dad feel always Breathless even if he crossed few meters, what can cause this shortness in breath any treatment? "no problem in lungs or heart"

6- Ferritin level is high 1651, what risk we are facing? and in which level it will be so dangerous for the body's organ? and when should i give him Exjade?

7- Doctors always wait until they see any sign of bleeding than they give patient plt. transfusion, why dont we put a limit to the platelets and below that limit we directly transfuse??? (i feel dad in high risk when his platelets are below 20s)

Thank you so much and im sorry for those long and tough questions BUT i hope that everybody will benefit from the questions.

hope you all the best health

Best regard

Ziad