View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 31, 2012, 04:30 PM

Greg H.- Thanks for taking the time to write, I really appreciate it.Your advice was so touching and I thank you for sharing the story about your father with me. It is comforting to hear from someone who really knows about bone marrow issues. Although I haven't even experienced a fraction of anything of what people on this website have, this has been devastating to learn.
First, a nurse told me that I had HIV (before I was ever tested and btw...it was negative) because my wbc were chronically low. Then a local hematologist told me I had "something called aplastic anemia, wrote the word on his card, and told me to look it up on google." I left the doctors office thinking, hmmmm....must not be too bad. Then when I googled it, I couldn't believe it.

Triumphe64- Thank you too for responding to my email. I am not sure what I am asking or why I finally wrote in. Maybe it's because I REALLY want someone to say, "someone has made a mistake- this isn't you." Truthfully, I don't even understand what all that medical stuff means that I wrote and it's about me! I just know that for the past 4 1/2 years, I feel like I am living from blood work to blood work to see if something has changed. And at the same time this whole thing seems surreal because I am so very active and never sick.

Who do I talk to about checking about vitamin deficiencies? My primary or my hematologist? I know that when I went to Barnes the first time over a year ago, they said that I had low iron stores. My local hematologist was like, "eh,...that's normal." And is there something I could do to improve or keep my marrow strong?
Thanks for listening to me blather on and on....and Greg H.~your website is great!