View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 3, 2012, 11:42 AM

I am blown away at all your helpful and caring responses! Thank you!!!!! I am so grateful to all of you and thankful that I finally wrote in in the forums!

Greg H.- Wow! I read your translation to my husband and he said, "That is what we wanted someone (as in a doc) to do ...to tell us exactly what this means!" Thank you so much.

Marlene-I will definitely get my nutrients checked asap!

Triumphe64- Thank you for taking the time to also research. Actually the first trip to Barnes (a year ago) was with Dr. Blinder and we loved him. My local hematologist this year suggested I go to a Transplant doc because he stated, "you might want to go ahead and get a transplant with your age before you become too sick to handle one." He also told me that with my age my survival rate is decreasing. YIKES!

I never saw it before, probably because I am so clueless to all this, but ALL of your advice about seeing a hematologist instead of a transplant doc makes all the sense in the world. You guys have totally given me hope and courage to get proactive here. Cannot thank you all enough, and thank the administrators of this website.
I am sure I will be bugging you all for all your advice and experience!