View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 13, 2012, 12:37 AM

Hello Ladies,

Sorry I didn't reply right away. Wanted make sure I have all the info.
Tuesday was my hemo appointment. My numbers are looking good. HB was still high 10. I was transfused 2 weeks ago. Looks likemplatelets went up a bit, which would be a good sign.
As to my pain - no changes. Still feel crappy and immobile. Haven't been driving in a month!
Discussed with my hemo doc Neuro consult, as to the diagnosis given to me in the ER - neuropathic pain syndrome. He doesn't think that the problems are Neuro but extended serum sickness, but made sure I'll be seen by a neurologist. It happened today. Poor guy was quite clueless as it comes to aplastic anemia and the treatment, we ( my husband goes to all of my appointments) had to explained a lot to him. But he listen very carefully and examined me. Based on the exam he does not see any Neuro changes !!!!!! *I'm so happy to hear that!!!! He relates my pain and problem to serum sickness and prednisone. Will be going back on 4/30 for a Neuro test EMG and a follow up visit with him. He wants to make sure that he is not missing anything. I have to say, that I like his approach.

Marlene,
You asked what drugs I'm taking, here is the list: prednisone 2x 15mg was on 2x30 for 5 weeks and we are tapering it down now; cyclosporin 2x 150 mg, Lasix 1x20 mg for edema and synthroid for my thyroid, had Graves Disease and my thyroid was ablated in 2003, and Paxil 1x20mg to remain sane in this whole mess :-)

I do hope that this long lasting serum sickness will easy off soon, I can handle the pain quite well now as I'm listening to my body and know when to take meds to easy it off, yet my biggest challenge is lack of decent mobility.*Also swelling - my face, neck, shoulders... Bothers me a lot. I don't see how much the Lasix is helping...
Any ideas...

Charlie take care, hope you doing well

Gosia
Gosia/ 47; SAA 04/2006; 1 round of ATG 2006;in remission until 01/2012. ...PNH @2%, chrom 13 partial del; Second course of ATG 2/27/2012 on cyclosporine, tapering down Prednisone/ neuropathic pain syndrome??? ... Hoping for the best!!!!