View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 24, 2012, 04:41 PM

Visit to Moffitt

Linda;

It was me who made the appointment at H. Lee Moffitt Cancer center for Earl, since I was sure there was something our Docs here were missing. We had our appointment with Dr. Jeffrey Lancet - very informative. They did a BMB there under anesthesia, and Earl had the least pain ever from one. We saw the Dr. just before we returned to PA - and this is where we first heard that he positively had MDS. He said to have our oncologist here start treatment, since they would not be able to follow Earl's progress or decline there. I liked him, and when we had our appointment with Dr. Sekeres at the Cleveland Clinic, he said he was very familiar with Dr. Lancet - in fact, they each have the other's home and cell numbers.
It is nice there in that they do not charge you for the valet parking (of course we tipped the valet) and the lab and hema/onc office is on the same floor - but if Al needs a wheelchair - there are plenty available, and many people offer to help. Good Luck to you both.
Beth