View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 3, 2012, 08:46 PM

Thank you Al's wife, Kris, Sally and you, Greg, for your kind support during this time of fear and especially for all of your help in what I should or should not do. So much to learn about this journey. How do you get through each day?

My diagnosis is beginning to be a reality now, I can't pretend that it is just a bad dream. I was so overwhelmed when I wrote my first post this morning, but seeing your replies this evening has helped me feel less alone, other people are going through this with me.

Hey that's okay about the hair Greg! Thank you for telling me to get my BMB results, I would have never thought to ask for them. I might not be to sure what I am looking at, so expect a lot of questions.

I guess right now it is hard to have much of a fight inside of me, I am so very tired all the time. My wife and I do want to get in touch with Moffitt, but I want to get the first week of my treatment behind me. I only found out on Friday about the MDS. There is so much to learn. My wife has been trying to do some research, but she also has to take care of her 89 year old mother, and now is worrying about me.

You have given me so much information Greg. I will check into the Community of Hope and get in touch with Martha Crews. Thank you for the heads up on that, I like the idea of having a local support group with people going through the same fight.

Can anyone give me an idea what to expect from the rounds of treatment. I am so fearful of what is ahead.

Al's wife, please let me know what happens in Moffitt. We will be thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers.

Again, thank you to each and everyone of you for your compassion, support and understanding, it has meant a lot to me. Good night.