View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 14, 2012, 02:39 AM

Marrow issues found in MRI trying to understand please help!

I have searched everywhere and can't come up with anything I can understand, I accidentally came across this board but I believe if anyone can help me understand this stuff it would come from here.
I had MRI's for unrelated issues and was told I needed to have a CT scan and have been referred to a hematologist just to be sure its not anything.
My Neuro-surgeon is not the most talkative in the world and I really didn't get a chance to ask questions I was prepared to ask let alone think this over and ask about this.
I did have a CBC and a lot of other blood work in Jan. (because of peripheral neuropathy) and it was normal overall and brought up no red flags for anemia or any kind of blood issues (don't know if that can change that quickly) so this was a surprise to me.

Can anyone please explain this at my level?

what does nonspecific decreased T1 signal intensity within marrow containing elements of the cervical spine ( also in the lumbar)
and nonspecific mild T2 prolongation in the C4 vertebral body centrally mean? and are they tied together or a separate issue?

Thanks for any help!