Thread: Another problem
View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 28, 2012, 10:58 AM

Oh Linda, so sorry to hear about Al. That has to be awful for you.

Do you think you should call Emory on Monday and let them know about Al, maybe they can see him sooner.

I know a few weeks before we found out Dean had MDS, he developed two large purple lumps beneath both of his armpits. They were larger than a half dollar. Dean said he knew they were there, but they didn't hurt, still it alarmed both of us. Dean's family doctor said it was an infection, we now know it was related to the MDS. I suppose it is a good thing we didn't know this at the time.

Please take care and let us know what happens. It hasn't been going very well for you and Al, you should both be concentrating on Al's health, not with finding an oncologist that will work with you and Moffitt. I wonder if the stress is also a factor in Al having a set back. It shouldn't be this way, so very sad.

You and Al are in my thoughts and prayers. Lots of (((hugs))).

God Bless You both!

Patti
Dean,age 76, dx MDS, RAEB-2, 17% blasts, June 2012 - May 2013 - Dacogen with Neupogen and transfusions as needed. End of May 2013 Dacogen stopped working. BMB July 2013 shows RAEB-2 and severe Myelofibrosis. Passed away September 30, 2013