View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 3, 2012, 02:05 AM

Earl is still on a downhill slide

Hello All;
And again - thanks for everything. Earl had 2 units of PRBC's and one large bag of platelets on 7/13, and another 2 units of PRBC's on 7/20, 2 more on 7/25, and another 2 units of PRBC's and huge bag of platelets on 7/30.

We had his labs drawn this AM - and his platelet level was only 13,000, and the Hgb was only 8.3 He gets 2 injections a week - 60,000 each time of Procrit - but I don't see that it is helping either. The Dr. ordered a platelet transfusion for tomorrow, but refused to order the blood - and I know we will be on a downhill slide over the weekend. But, they have 'pre-ordered' the blood for Monday - this will make 10 units in less than a month. So, in my opinion, the Dacogen isn't doing it's job. He was wiped out Tuesday after the long day on Monday, but is feeling a lot better tonight.

In fact, we had a wonderful evenng. For my birthday last week, he had bought us tickets to the Chicago/Doobie Brothers concert - not only tickets - but V.I.P. tickets which gets you better parking than even a handicapped sticker. Too, we ate in the VIP lounge, and had a private box in a wonderful location. We both really enjoyed the concert, but he was wiped out by the time we got home - and is already down for the count - but it is 2:04 AM.

((((HUGS))))
Beth

Last edited by milliken2 : Fri Aug 3, 2012 at 02:07 AM. Reason: misspelled word