View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 12, 2012, 10:59 AM

Good morning Beth,

What a terrific explanation about the hooligans! It does make it easier to understand, and actually makes it not seem as scary. Thank you for sharing it wth me Beth!

Also Maria and Beth, thank you for giving Dean and I the support we need in dealing with our current oncologist, and knowing we are not alone, others have also had to deal with the same situation. Dean, at first, was very happy with this oncologist, but the last few weeks have made him realize that this doctor does not want to share any knowledge of this disease with us, he just wants us to "trust him". That is making both Dean and I uncomfortable, and we have so many questions that are unanswered.

Everyone who has been kind enough to reply to this thread has been very supportive in advising us to begin looking for a new oncologist, and it has made Dean and I feel better about making that decision.

Thank you Beth, Maria and all who have answered my thread and taken time from your busy days to share your knowledge and suggestions with us.
Dean,age 76, dx MDS, RAEB-2, 17% blasts, June 2012 - May 2013 - Dacogen with Neupogen and transfusions as needed. End of May 2013 Dacogen stopped working. BMB July 2013 shows RAEB-2 and severe Myelofibrosis. Passed away September 30, 2013