View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 13, 2012, 06:39 AM

Good morning Slip Up 2,

I now know, by many of the posts from everyone, that Dean and I do have to question the doctor about the BMB results. His doctor has never given us any information about that. We have never been told if any or what chromosome is involved.

I am learning more and more each day from the posts on this forum, that like you say, MDS is different for everyone, no one seems to respond in the same way.

What happened after the Vidaza stopped working for your husband? Do the doctors try another treatment? One minute everything seems so right, and then the next, everything is so wrong, that has to be so very difficult.

I will definitely let "my family" on the forums know what happens on Tuesday. I have learned so much from each of you. Each of you give Dean and I hope, faith, support and the strength to keep fighting.

Thank you again slip us 2. By the way, please give me a hint, what do you think the doctor may be trying to do? It may put my mind at ease. It is okay if it is just a gut feeling!
Dean,age 76, dx MDS, RAEB-2, 17% blasts, June 2012 - May 2013 - Dacogen with Neupogen and transfusions as needed. End of May 2013 Dacogen stopped working. BMB July 2013 shows RAEB-2 and severe Myelofibrosis. Passed away September 30, 2013