View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 13, 2012, 05:43 PM

Unfortunately we don't know any of the receptionists or nurses real well, they are all nice, but very busy. I do wish we knew them better.

Dean was suppose to go to our local VA office on Wednesday to find out about getting his medications through them, he already receives two prescriptions through the VA. Today the VA called and told Dean that he would be going to the VA hospital in St. Petersburg instead and see their oncologist, the date was changed to August 20.

We figure that is a good reason to ask for the BMB results when we see the doctor tomorrow, and ask the doctor to answer our questions so we will be prepared. Hope that will work. We aren't changing to the VA, just need to go through the hoops to get Dean's medication (Revlimid), we have to follow the VA rules, have to see their oncologist.

Dean was feeling a little better over the week end, but late yesterday and today he is exhausted and very weak again. He has been sitting in his recliner all day, sleeping off and on.

I agree with you that we have to contact Moffitt, I do want to call and ask about a doctor in our area, but I also want to ask about making an appointment with them. Not enough hours in the day, and so much to do sometimes.

Tomorrow Dean sees his cardiologist in the morning, then his oncologist. It will be a busy day.

Thank you Beth for all your help and suggestions! I know you are dealing with a lot and I appreciate that you take the time to help. Have a nice evening. I will let you know what happens tomorrow. I have to practice my demure voice!
Dean,age 76, dx MDS, RAEB-2, 17% blasts, June 2012 - May 2013 - Dacogen with Neupogen and transfusions as needed. End of May 2013 Dacogen stopped working. BMB July 2013 shows RAEB-2 and severe Myelofibrosis. Passed away September 30, 2013