View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 25, 2012, 11:06 PM

Another 4 day Session of Vidaza - I'm Irritated !

Earl had chemo today - and an appointment with the hema/onc. He asked why we didn't get treatment yesterday - and I explained to him that the nurses relayed the blood level - to what we thought was him - and we were told to withhold treatment, and go to the hospital and get the 2 units of packed red blood cells, and one large bag of platelets - followed by the medication that takes the excess iron out of his blood. He then proceeded to tell me he was never consulted - that his assistant made the decision - and he shouldn't have - he doesn't know Earl at all, except to pass in the hallway and say hello - I don't think he really knows our name. This is after the nurses told me they had called our Doc in Pittsburgh for other patients. I then told him to annotate his medical records indicating that if any decision in the future needs verified - that they were ONLY to talk to him. He did - and showed me the note in Earl's file. But - to cover my bases - I verbally told each of the 3 nurses that give the chemo to read the note that the Dr. wrote, and that they were to talk to me - and I would make sure they talked to only the Dr. that treats Earl. Why do I have to be a nurse?????? But, glad I am for sure.
Beth