View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 29, 2012, 04:59 PM

Al is finishing up third cycle of Dacogen

After being told on August 17th that Al only had "weeks not months" he decided to go ahead and try the Dacogen, even though the doctor said there was only a 3 to 4% chance of it helping. So far he has been stable or slightly improved. He has had transfusions twice when his reds got low during treatment and, of course, his platelets are nonexistent. He continues to take the Amicar which evidently helps because he has not had any bleeding issues.
We have thankfully been able to enjoy each day and have actually been on two trips recently and have another one planned this weekend. God is good!
If you remember my tears back in August, I thought he was at the end of the road, and so did he.
So right now we are living each day and enjoying our time together. None of us knows what tomorrow will hold, but thank goodness we have had this extra time together.
Hey, I'm still hoping for the miracle.
Love, courage, and hope to all,
Linda
Linda, Al's wife, 75; dx MDS 5/2010; Vidaza 6/2010; ARRY614 & Sapacitabine clinical trials at Emory, no results, stopped 12/2011. Had BMB at NIH on 6/5/12, blasts 10-15% so he's not eligible for trial there. :eek Promacta trial, Tampa, blasts 25-30% 8/17/12 AML, trying Dacogen now and praying.