View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 6, 2012, 04:57 PM

Another day in this long saga.

Mom went to rehab on Thursday. Her sores, diagnosed as vasculitis, were getting better. The swelling on her feet had gone down and the pain in her ankles was better. The PT and OT were having her do some small exercises and showing her how to walk with a walker.

Unfortunately, the care in this facility is not the best and two nights she wet herself because no one came to help her get up. That was traumatic for her.

She went to the doctor on Monday and was scheduled for a transfusion yesterday. When I called her room, the nurse told me that after her shower she was shaking and seemed confused. Her blood pressure was down then up. My dad showed up and called the onco. He said to have the ambulance bring her straight to the emergency room.

By the time she got there, she had a fever of 103.6, which the rehab facility did not pick up. She was delusional. They were trying to get her fever down when her heart rate went through the roof. They said she was tacky and they couldn't get it down for about 5 minutes. I thought I was going to loose her then. They got her heart rate down.

Today she has decided that she is done and wants to ask for hospice. I don't want to lose her, but to watch what I saw yesterday was too much.

This is all much too much.

Yaka