View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 16, 2012, 06:42 AM

Hi Birgitta-A,

Thanks for advice.

As the hema is reluctant to try anything on my mom besides BT ONLY, i presumed at least i managed to get EPO for my mom. I have told the hema as well about the EPO + G-CSF drugs or similar drugs might improve the chances to stimulate better the BM but the hema asked me not to rely too much on web site info as the web are trying to sell their products. I told the hema that i got all these info from the forum that most of the patients have experience MDS, AA or PNH. Then he keep quiet.

Actually i have been thinking of bringing my mom to "mds-centeres-of-excellence in Singapore" for further advice. Will wait and see how is the outcome from the EPO injection first.

The hema actually is very pissed off with me, so he even asked me to get further advice somewhere else as i kept asking him questions . That's my case. The hema just spent about 10 minutes with a patient but with me, he has to spend more than 45 minutes.
Teo, son to Goh, age 71 dx mightbe MDS with low HB & RBC Jan 2012; FE 7755 on Nov 2014 - 6*500mg ferriprox; BT every month since Feb 2012; BMB done July 2013 - no conclusive evidence of MDS or PRCA; EPO stopped Nov 2013; Danazol 200mg*2 starts Nov 2013 + cyclosporine 25mg*4 starts June 2015