View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 17, 2012, 01:30 AM

3rd BMB

Hi Birgitta-A,

Yeah i am upset with the hema as he promised my sister that i can ask him any question when i am back and paid him a visit.

i dont understand why they cant accept the patients and their relatives have the right to know more about the disease. I felt the hema anger as he kept asking me, any more question in a very impatient tune. I told him that i want to know more about what other check or treatment that might help my mom to at least extend the time for the BT or finding out what wrong with her. The only answer he gave is your mom is quite old and her BM is not producing enough RBC, we cant do much. If we insisted, one more BM test but very unlikely will get different results.

He is nice to my sister and most of the patients as they hardly asked question.

The worst thing is we told the nurse to inform the hema that we wanted to see and talk to him but instead the hema asked the trainee to give us counseling. At that point I know he doesn't want to do further checking for my mom even there were no conclusive results from the BMA and BMB.

As this is a government hospital, I don't expect to get good service from them to be honest but still I feel uncomfortable and upset.
Teo, son to Goh, age 71 dx mightbe MDS with low HB & RBC Jan 2012; FE 7755 on Nov 2014 - 6*500mg ferriprox; BT every month since Feb 2012; BMB done July 2013 - no conclusive evidence of MDS or PRCA; EPO stopped Nov 2013; Danazol 200mg*2 starts Nov 2013 + cyclosporine 25mg*4 starts June 2015