View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 21, 2013, 09:41 AM

Thanks again to each of you for caring

Hello All;
And thanks again for caring about Earl and me. I cannot even begin to tell you how much it means.
We are headed to the hema/onc's office this AM to start his sixth session of Vidaza. A positive note on that is he has now gone one whole week without a blood transfusion - but I can assure you - after his labs are done this AM - he will need one. But - it is still a positive step, and one that I thank God for each day. I am so hoping that it will continue. Now - we just have to deal with the stroke part. I was not at all impressed with the Physical Therapist that they sent here - finally - on Saturday. I thought it strange that the PT would come out before the nurse - since they cannot set up and ICP. He and I differed on several things - he thought I should take him to the Dr. for his injections of Neupogen and Procrit - and like I told him - repeatedly - there is no need. Then he tried to instruct me on orthostatic hypotension - in other words - don't get up fast from either a sitting of lying position as your blood pressure may drop - and again - I told him that I was very well aware of that issue. There were several other things that I thought he should be doing - and he didn't - so we will see what tomorrow brings when the regular PT arrives.
Again - thanks to each of you. I hope everyone else is faring better, and will try and keep you informed if there are any changes. We still have our appointment at Moffitt on February 5th to see Dr. Lancet - and then see if he can be included in the Eltrombopag study they are doing there.
Beth