View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 29, 2013, 08:55 PM

Birgitta-A,

Thanks for the information about Dermol. We have called a few drugstores in the area and did not find it but will keep looking.

The doctor said she is low in RBC and has had two transfusions - one in December and one last week. Her WBC count is on the lower end of normal but some of her cells are "fuzzy" according to the doctor. Her platelet count is within the normal range but again some of the cells are "fuzzy" - not sure what that means exactly though.

My sister and brother joined Mother and me at the doctor's office that day. We all were totally shocked about the diagnosis and had never heard of MDS so we did not know questions to ask. The doctor did not tell us her score or level but we did see him on a Tuesday and he wanted to start treatment right away the next Monday. He explained we want to restart her bone marrow and this drug has a 75% chance of doing that.

If you read much on the Internet about MDS, it is very daunting. This forum has been the most honest but upbeat site I have found!

Thanks again!

MDSnAL