View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 1, 2013, 11:54 PM

Hi Birgitta-A,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

About the Hg, as i read from the forum, some people are okie with low Hg. For my mom case, meaning to say with low Hg, she is prone to develop heart insufficiency. Thanks for pointing out this. I will ask my sister to get more frequent BT for my mom (Maybe 2 packs/3 weeks)

About the EPO + drug, i dont think the Hema will do it as he is hesitate to even give my mom the EPO 2 months back. I ask before about the combination of the drugs, the hema says the medicine is very expensive, they dont simply prescribe this to the patient if really necessary.

Actually my mom always go one day before to get the blood tested and the BT only happened the day after. That's why i am saying, i dont know whether the hospital try hard enough to get the 2 packs ready or maybe they are lacks of blood, this might be one of the reason as well. Anyway the hospital just say that they have problem to match the blood type for my mom, that's all.

About Ferritin, is it okie to have this test every 3 months as this is what the hospital did now.

About for the BMB tests before, as all of them (3 in total) showing there were Inadequate sample for interpretation, that's why till now we dont know whether my mom is having MDS or not. BT is the only option for her at the moment.

About thinking of household work might decrease the Hg is because i thought if she worked too hard, the blood will flow faster and she will get tired faster as the heart needs to work harder as well. I always heard that MDS patients need to rest more, meaning to say they can do something light but not too hectic.

Thanks for the tips on Kale, i will monitor my mom platelet and WBC. So far her platelet and WBC are okie.
Teo, son to Goh, age 71 dx mightbe MDS with low HB & RBC Jan 2012; FE 7755 on Nov 2014 - 6*500mg ferriprox; BT every month since Feb 2012; BMB done July 2013 - no conclusive evidence of MDS or PRCA; EPO stopped Nov 2013; Danazol 200mg*2 starts Nov 2013 + cyclosporine 25mg*4 starts June 2015