View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 6, 2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveRapheal1 View Post
I am so happy that you survived this with such a positive outlook. I too will schedule my bone marrow transplant. I am 38 years old. I plan on scheduling it April 9th 2013 if my counts do not improve. I am going to buy a wig too, but not to match all my outfits like yours. I would rather call it a Diva wig because I love singing and I think that I am going to sing throughout this entire procedure. Thank you for inspiring me with your courage, determination and strength.
Oh thanks so much! I'm glad I could help. This thread has turned into something of a BMT diary over the past few years!

Definitely buy a fun wig, and a few snug, soft little caps, too, because I know I didn't want to wear the wig while I was lounging around home or sleeping.

Best of luck to you!!
36/F - 1984 SAA treated with ATG [complete remission until] Oct 08 - burst blood vessels in eyes and low platelets; Jan 09 - AA & hypo-MDS; July 09 - BMT (RIC MUD PSCT) July 10 - 10k for Anthony Nolan (1yr post BMT! 53:48) Sep 10 - Wedding! I've run 5 marathons now!! (PB 3:30!)